Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Vaneline's Day ~!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day !! Although every day should be Valentine's when it comes to showing how we feel about those we care deeply about, it's a day to remind us that if we have forgotten to do so throughout the year, we best not forget today. My hubby bought me flowers on Monday which was a surprise two-fold. First because he doesn't usually buy me flowers. I love them, don't get me wrong--but they are so darn expensive for something that dies so quickly (not to mention that our kitties tend to get themselves in BIG trouble when there's a vase of flowers on the table...) and secondly because he gave them to me on Monday. It's not that he didn't think i wasn't worth the TRIPLE cost of them on Valentine's Day, (his words, not mine...hehehe) but truly because i would be upset if he spent TRIPLE the money on flowers just because today is Valentine's Day. What he did do this morning though, is have a card on the kitchen counter waiting for me when i came downstairs. He always seems to find the right card. It spoke of exactly what's been going on in our lives lately.... made me cry. He's not always a 'sensitive' kinda guy, but i tell ya, when it comes to finding the 'right' card--he's got the knack and hits it bang on. Thank you for the flowers and the perfect card. xx
 
 
 
Now on to a funny note-- I had a customer today with the last name Doctor. I mentioned that she was the first person i've ever crossed paths with that had such an ordinary yet unique last name. She and I shared some giggles and she mentioned that some relatives were actual doctors...lol... paging Dr. Doctor....LOL... I told her to find the song "Doctor , Doctor give me the news....i got a bad case of lovin' you" and send it as a message to her husband today being Valentine's Day. She loved the idea and we shared some more giggles... too funny !! I hope she did it--i'm sure her hubby would get a kick out of it too.
 
I also made a card last weekend for my neice's husband. I have a hard time embellishing a guy's card.... hmmmm I have to work on that. I just don't feel like i can embellish with flowers on a guy's card. What do you use ?? suggestions welcome !!
 
 
I used a dog since they just got an adorable puppy--Roxi. She's a black lab and collie cross. She is sooooo cute. And she is Mark's first pet. So i thought a dog on his birthday card would be appropriate. I coloured with copics: E41,42,43,44,47,49 and added some glossy accents to his nose and eyes, and even a bit of stickles on the little heart on the collar. The buckle and dog tag are both from die-namics dies, and the background die is from go kreate.
 
Thanks for stopping by ! I appreciate all your comments.
Happy Crafting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment